In case you’ve lost count…
…here, from ballotopedia.com, is the latest group of declared Democrat presidential candidates:
- Cory Booker (D), a U.S. senator from New Jersey
- Pete Buttigieg (D), the mayor of South Bend, Indiana
- Julian Castro (D), a former U.S. secretary of housing and urban development and San Antonio mayor
- John Delaney (D), a former U.S. representative from Maryland
- Tulsi Gabbard (D), a U.S. representative from Hawaii
- Kirsten Gillibrand (D), a U.S. senator from New York
- Kamala Harris (D), a U.S. senator from California
- John Hickenlooper (D), a former governor of Colorado
- Jay Inslee (D), the governor of Washington,
- Amy Klobuchar (D), a U.S. senator from Minnesota
- Beto O’Rourke, former U.S. representative from Texas
- Bernie Sanders (I), a U.S. senator from Vermont
- Elizabeth Warren (D), U.S. senator from Massachusetts
- Marianne Williamson (D), an author and lecturer
- Andrew Yang (D) ???
Keeping count? That’s 15 so far. With others forming exploratory committees and at least one major possibility, former Senator and VP Joe Biden, still in the wings.
I’m thinking of running an over/under pool on whether, during the first debate, there will be more or less candidates than audience members.