…I thought you might want to see how Europe is making out, and how well…or maybe Orwellian…the COVID-19 issue is being addressed there
From Jack Wright’s article for London’s Daily Mail, we have this:
Escape from Paris: City is gridlocked as tens of thousands flee, stations are packed, violent protests break out and shelves are stripped ahead of month-long lockdown that BANS travel
- Thousands of Parisians caused massive traffic jams as they tried to flee the French capital for the country
- Huge numbers of locals attempted a mass exodus in a bid to avoid the start of the second national lockdown
- Many were enjoying their final night of freedom in France ahead of new lockdown restrictions from Friday
- Draconian measures will see people needing documents to show their reasonable excuse for leaving home
- Europe has seen rising infections, with France recording 47,637 new infections in 24 hours and 235 deaths
Anyone care to compare what is happening in France, and Europe in general, with how the United States is making out?
Bottom line: COVID-19 is a huge health issue that has enormous ramifications for general populations. That would be true no matter who was President.
But, comparatively speaking, we are not doing badly at all. And people who tell you how disastrously things are turning out here, are either ignorant of how much better shape we are in than Europe or, for political reasons, choose not to know.