It has to be asked: doesn’t the House of Representatives have anything better to do?
Not content with doing little for the past two years other than obsessively pursuing impeachment of President Trump, even after the Mueller all-Democrat investigation turned up nothing impeachable, its “leadership” (if that term even fits the execrable nancy pelosi) has decided to create a committee that will evaluate President Trump’s performance during the COVID-19 crisis in real time, complete with subpoena power…
…to be headed by Rep. James Clyburn – as useless a waste of space as there is in the House (I’ll show you his record further on), who, just days ago, referred to the crisis not in terms of the human misery it is causing, but as “a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision”. In other words, a “never let a crisis go to waste” political opportunity.
That’s what COVID-19 is to these people. It is not a horrific tragedy we should all come together to address, it is a political opportunity to be exploited as quickly as possible, even as the administration moves heaven and earth to lessen the impact of COVID-19 and save lives.
And this is being orchestrated by the same person who sickened even some Democrats last weekend by saying that “as the president fiddles, people are dying” – i.e. tossing out the lie that Trump is sitting on his hands doing nothing about this.
It doesn’t get more depraved than this.
As for James “a tremendous opportunity to restructure things to fit our vision” Clyburn?
Here, as he finishes his 14th term in congress, is Mr. Clyburn’s complete list of accomplishments (legislation he has sponsored that ultimately was enacted into law):
- H.R. 152: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 810 South Pendleton Street in Easley, South Carolina, as the “Captain Kimberly Nicole Hampton Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 870: To reauthorize the Historically Black Colleges and Universities Historic Preservation program.
- H.R. 6180: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 213 William Hilton Parkway on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, as the “Caesar H. Wright Jr. Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 1596: To direct the Joint Committee on the Library to obtain a statue of Shirley Chisholm for placement in the United States Capitol.
- H.Res. 197: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives with respect to Marcus Garvey.
- H.R. 1223: Stop the Tax Hike on Charities and Places of Worship Act
- H.R. 3387: To create a pilot program for the Junior Reserve Officers’ Training Corps program at Lucy Garrett Beckham High School, and for other purposes.
- H.Res. 888: Supporting the designation of March 2020 as Endometriosis Awareness Month.
- H.Res. 450: Recognizing June 19, 2019, as this year’s observance of the historical significance of Juneteenth Independence Day.
The man has been in congress since 1993, and this is his sum total of achievement. A total of 9 bills, which consist of naming a few Post office buildings, creating a pilot program at one high school, putting up a statue, etc.
Yep, just the guy to oversee a President as he fights a pandemic.
But it’s not political. Honest. Just ask nancy.